Frontline - PvP Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frontline - PvP Alliance

Frontline - PvP Alliance on Lotro - EN-RP Laurelin

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battlefield Tactics

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Battlefield Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield Tactics   Battlefield Tactics Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:13 am

I think we need a space here where we can discuss new and old tactics to perfection. So please post your new ideas for tactics here and lets talk about them. Remember: ''Impossible things are often those which were never tried before...''

So here is my idea, it is a slightly different tactic from what the creeps often use against us.
I have witnessed a battle in which creeps and freeps were skirmishing at Tol East Bridge. Creeps distracted the freep raid and pulled some of them on to the bridge, meanwhile a taskforce of Reavers and Wargs crossed the River pass to the north and totally flanked the freep raid. Minstrels stood in the back with little protection and were downed quickly. Only a few people made it back to EC, which was very close. Although creeps had superior numbers, this tactic led to an almost complete wipe of the freeps. If not for this tactic, they would not have had such a clear victory near EC. I am sure some of you were there to remember it. Freeps fell to the same tactic two times in a row, resulting in great losses.

Seing that this can work well, my idea is to form a special group of Melee DPS. We have horses that give us excellent mobility advantage, why not use it?! This is how it would work: During a battle, this certain group of Champions (perhaps burgs) hop on their horses without being seen and run around the creep raid in a wide circle to avoid detection. As the battle thickens, they ride ''into'' the creep ranks from their flank and dismount from their horses right near their defilers or WL's and attack the same target ignoring all other incoming damage. I am sure you all have seen how a pack of wargs can take out a minstrel in seconds during combat. Imagine 6 champions suddenly appearing behind creep ranks, all on the same target, using AoE at the same time. If this is timed right when the creep DPS is concentrated on the main force, these Champions could easily gank the creep healers and turn the tide. Here are the crucial points for this technique:

1- Avoiding detection ( while mounting, and making a wide circle around them to avoid premature detection)
2- Champs to stay close and be fast, all dismount immediately near the target at the same time (shock troops?)
3- Timing and coordination with the main freep force to drive the enemy into chaos.

I dont know if anything like this was ever tried but I never saw it. Its very simple... Please share your thoughts about this..

Regards,
Felogar
Back to top Go down
Connall

Connall

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Battlefield Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Tactics   Battlefield Tactics Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:57 pm

Similar things have been tried, if you get the surprise it works well and can cause a wipe.

If your fighting 2 raids in the open v 2 creep raids it works well to have one attack at the front and another to attack from the side/rear a few seconds later but you rarely get those fights anymore.

If you have an extra fellow on your raid your method would work well but if you split a fellow from your raid against an equal force you may just end up getting wiped unless you can hold off the enemy or drag them into NPCs before the flanking party arrives.
Back to top Go down

Battlefield Tactics
Page 1 of 1