Hunters - Class guide for the moors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Connall

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Hunters - Class guide for the moors   Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:36 pm

You double posted your previous post so I deleted the one which was correxted by the last one.

IMHO Bards Arrow is still a usefull skill but they way you use it is hard to grasp for Hunters because you get stuck in the pew pew menatality.

I often find myself with tunnel vision when skirmishing and not leading but you can use it with thought, like as a second fear on a warg to stop them escaping for a couple of seconds or as i said to put a Warleader out for a bit like if he has run off to the side and wont get hit.

The Art of War by Sun Tzu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pandelume

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Hunters - Class guide for the moors   Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:15 am

Just a tiny little tip on causing the maximum possible damage when using HS:

On my hunter I have many different bow options and I keep them in quickslots. Most are teal items but the one with the highest MAX damage is a purple one (can't remember the name, but it's from some of the later epic quests and does westernesse damage and has +2 to crit%, might be called Gwathryn's longbow or something like that).

My suggestion is as follows: When doing HS switch to the highest max damage bow you have (the crit% also helps quite a lot) and if the damagetype is not a great one use light oil or fire oil. Especially if the HS crits the damage will be quite a bit higher than with a lower max damage bow, even if it would have higher dps value.To a lesser extenct this also applies to the skill merciful shot and so on.. After shooting HS can switch back to the previous bow, which is presumably faster and has therefore better dps.

(So keep an eye out for the bows with high max damage, especially if there's +% to crit - even if it's damagetype would be common with light oil it can be very effective...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hunters - Class guide for the moors   Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:23 am

Guest wrote:
If a hunter attacks something different from the RAT in order to interrupt, he is gonna get kicked from my raid cause he is clueless and he is not doing his job, which is dps on the RAT.

Hmmm... Identify yourself so I can be certain I never join your raid as I think you have just proved that you are the clueless one. It is a poor... no, a lazy Hunter that does nothing but pew-pew the RAT.
Back to top Go down
Seladina

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Hunters - Class guide for the moors   Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:44 am

Pandelume wrote:
Just a tiny little tip on causing the maximum possible damage when using HS:.....

If you want to know some good combo on useing your bowskills... including HS... that does alot of dps or fast dps read:

http://frontline.forumotion.net/tactics-f9/my-life-as-a-hunter-in-ettenmoors-how-do-i-play-as-hunter-t158.htm

(About halfway the post)

These combos i use but if you know a beter one pls let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cocg.tk

PostSubject: To the guest   Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:38 am

Obviously the guest has a limited understanding of tactics. Following the RAT is indeed very important and if you are new to the ettens, stick to that. But an experienced hunter can and MUST know when he can put his skills to better use.

A leader who thinks everyone should always be on the RAT is a poor one indeed, they tend to be the ones who leave the rear of the raid open to attack with minstrels dying all the time. Who can't understand why an enemy just won't die. Duh, because there are 10 wl'ers healing away. All the while every creep that is not the RAT's target runs around killing your raid.

There is NO point in killing the single RAT target if it costs you 2-3 of your own members for every kill.

Bard's arrow as any creep who had one can tell you is a pain in the ass. I had it and it sucks donkey balls, yes it can miss, all skills can miss, but if it doesn't that is roughly 2100 worth of heals out of the window, no rezzes for a bit. No bubble. 2100 less heals on the RAT target is half their morale. It is the difference between them going down and just staying at full health.

So, a good hunter who is of course shooting the RAT, slowing him, who knows his Bard's arrow is ready and sees a WL he can hit, can switch in a couple of seconds, cost the enemy precious heals.

Killing is about your damage being higher then their heals, so if you are smart, you do whatever you can to increase your DPS and lower their heals. Bard's arrow does the last very effectively.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunters - Class guide for the moors   Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:49 am

/applaud Enat

Well done mate for bothering to explain it to him/her. I just couldn't bring myself to waste the time.
Back to top Go down
Connall

Number of posts : 200

PostSubject: Re: Hunters - Class guide for the moors   Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:29 am

The Guest was Elidan before he left the forum/alliance and LOTRO - hes a hunter as well...

The Art of War by Sun Tzu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erlo

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Hunters - Class guide for the moors   Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:57 am

Dear hunters

This is a reminder.

We all know you recieved insane dps with Moria.

Its great BUT.

Dont forget that in keep fights you NEED to go in to endurance stance. We all know you love to nuke the crap out of everything. But you know from SoA that once u stay in strenght stance you take aggro direct. It can mean the difference of life and death if Guardian is tanking or not.

I have seen TO many examples in PvE where hunters simply forgotten that they need to stay in endurance stance. Standard comment is, well i will pull aggro in endurance stance anyway so i can stay in strenght stance. Well DONT. Controll your aggro, you have a few skills that reduces your aggro. Use them.

Why do i say this?

Simple facts, you wear meduim armour, you got less then 5k moral, you cant wear a shield and your evade and parry rating isnt even close to a gardians. You are not a tank, and you wont be first priority for healers as the guardian should be tanking.

If you have an other view please share it and motivate why..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hunters - Class guide for the moors   Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:47 pm

*crys* what no tanking hehe ^^

Anyway you right mate we should only been in strenght stance then we fight creeps and use endurance stance for NPCs.
But I only agree on we should use endurance stance on Tyr and the other boss the small NPCs just need to die and thats fast Wink

and btw our evade is way better then any, why one word. Agi ^^

see you all in Etten Smile
Back to top Go down
Torli

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Hunters - Class guide for the moors   Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:29 am

well i been reading this, cant rly say i know your B/P/E stats, but the lad does have a point.

my GRD at lvl 50 had with max buffs 35+%block, 24% evade and around the same for parry, so GRD gets hit once every 4 hits, hunter on the other hand die fast... just do what the man said and let the GRDs do their job and get hit.. Wink and for stances, id say strength def for all mobs that have less then 10k, but taskmasters and other 20+ mobs id still say go for endurance rather... i have a hunter r6 so i know a tiny bit about hunting to Wink and even if the mob dies fast, if you are the one geting hit you cant shot so he will die a bit slower any way, prolly really just a tiny bit but every second counts Smile and if u see NPCs aggro you use below notice... very usefull skill imho in such cases, might be a good idea to explain that skill to some guys around Eteens, i seen ppl use it when aggroed by creeps LOL Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunters - Class guide for the moors   

Back to top Go down

Hunters - Class guide for the moors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2