Frontline - PvP Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frontline - PvP Alliance

Frontline - PvP Alliance on Lotro - EN-RP Laurelin

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minstrel - class guide in moors

Go down 
+3
Gwenneth
Erlo
olivic
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Songbeard

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Minstrel - class guide in moors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minstrel - class guide in moors   Minstrel - class guide in moors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 6:15 pm

A small addition from me from experience.

Still as Death is useless when retreating or when you're outside the main raid group. Creeps will happily camp around you and gank you after your time is up. Best use I find for it is if you find yourself getting ganked and can run into the sanctuary of the main pack.

From leading, briefly, a balled up group is far, far more effective than a spread out group. I've seen a freep raid go from verging on a wipe to rolling the creeps just by balling up. It also helps the minstrels avoid attention.
Back to top Go down
Erlo

Erlo

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Minstrel - class guide in moors   Minstrel - class guide in moors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:41 pm

I just want every "new" minstrel aware of that in ettens. You will need to crossheal alot. You are not only responsable for your group. I know its a tough job but every minstrel has to keep The whole raid under controll. When creeps attack they attack us mor or less one by one. So it isnt enough with the person in that group to heal him. All the minstrels has to heal together.

Pay attention to persons " screaming" for heals and to what leaders says.

You are doing a great job all healers. I wouldnt want to change with you Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minstrel - class guide in moors   Minstrel - class guide in moors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:50 pm

I found that out very early on, Erlo Razz
When you're in a full raid and fighting starts, it becomes a bit academic which group you're in anyway so I heal whoever needs a heal and is in range.
I do, however, keep my own group's stats bars nearest the middle of the screen so they're easier to keep an eye on, with all other stats bars towards the edge - I owe them that, at least! (Especially if the Raid leader is in your group Shocked ). And I also try to look out for the other minstrel's stats bars too.

If some-one screams "heal me", of course I willl try but :

a) I need to be able to SEE them as well as hear them so they need to be in range or try to get in range. In other words, take note of what's been said in other threads and don't go running off after creeps 'cos I sure as hell ain't gonna follow and leave the safety of the main raid! Smile

b) Shouting "heal me" might not be enough for me to spot which of the 24 icons just spoke, even with the red indicator coming on briefly - Now if you shout "heal Fred" you stand more of a chance!

This is what I have learned so far in my first 3 trips to the Moors with Frontline! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minstrel - class guide in moors   Minstrel - class guide in moors - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minstrel - class guide in moors
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2