Frontline - PvP Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frontline - PvP Alliance

Frontline - PvP Alliance on Lotro - EN-RP Laurelin

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PVMP Terminology

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
halundor

halundor

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PVMP Terminology Empty
PostSubject: PVMP Terminology   PVMP Terminology Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:34 am

Being part of this Alliance requires to understand the terminology used during assaults, charges and where quickly responses are required.
So, as n00b, I'm starting this topic to collect strange terms heard during the raids that have remained unaswered because of the frenzy

What's the meaning of 'foo has been bubbled' ?
I've heard it just last night, quickly followed by 'get back' or 'change target'

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Arcalimon

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PVMP Terminology Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVMP Terminology   PVMP Terminology Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:44 am

Creeps have a skill that appears on the screen as a Black Bubble, this skill reduces in an hard way the damage taken by the creep allowing the healers to fully heal him even if he's under a total RAT attack by the freep side.
SO when you see a black bubble around the target and you hear (usually i'll say that and the RAT too) ''He's bubbled new target'' get ready to switch and to stun the new target.
Back to top Go down

PVMP Terminology Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVMP Terminology   PVMP Terminology Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:15 am

The skill is called Field Promotion and it's rank 3 War Leader skill, (maybe rank 2 - I need to check).

Standard duration is 10 seconds though most have it traited to last 15 seconds, fellowship only and from perosnal experience it reduces all damage taken by 99%, so it's still possible to kill the target if he is only less than 5% health and a heal is not forthcoming. This skill is on a 60 second timer (IIRC).

Of course switching targets is usually the best tactic but if you have a DOT that lasts more than 15 seconds then their is no harm done by laying that down first.
Back to top Go down

PVMP Terminology Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVMP Terminology   PVMP Terminology Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:48 am

Braggart/Boggart wrote:
The skill is called Field Promotion and it's rank 3 War Leader skill, (maybe rank 2 - I need to check).

Standard duration is 10 seconds though most have it traited to last 15 seconds, fellowship only and from perosnal experience it reduces all damage taken by 99%, so it's still possible to kill the target if he is only less than 5% health and a heal is not forthcoming. This skill is on a 60 second timer (IIRC).

Of course switching targets is usually the best tactic but if you have a DOT that lasts more than 15 seconds then their is no harm done by laying that down first.

srry mosttheworst Smile but your wrong Wink

The skill is indeed Field Promotion, its a skill that reduced incoming damage to the creep for 7 seconds and is a rank 2 warleader skill. Can only be used on people in their warband and has a cooldown of 2 minutes. Traited this lasts for 15 seconds.
Back to top Go down

PVMP Terminology Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVMP Terminology   PVMP Terminology Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:42 am

Yup second post corrected most but ill just add it has a induction time of about 2-3 seconds were the skill is active but target still takes damage..
Back to top Go down

PVMP Terminology Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVMP Terminology   PVMP Terminology Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:26 pm

I didnt know it had such a low cooldown! Shocked What about the freep buff similar to Field Promotion? The one called Last Stand?
Back to top Go down

PVMP Terminology Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVMP Terminology   PVMP Terminology Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:10 pm

Its a 2 minute cooldown,but it is still quite often when you consider the amount of warleaders.

Here is a useful link where you can examine all the skills each class has:
http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Monster_Play_Classes
Back to top Go down
Songbeard

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-03

PVMP Terminology Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVMP Terminology   PVMP Terminology Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:22 pm

Felogar wrote:
I didnt know it had such a low cooldown! Shocked What about the freep buff similar to Field Promotion? The one called Last Stand?

Minstrels have Gift of the Hammerhand that shifts damage to be taken from power instead of morale. It lasts 10 seconds and has 15 minute cooldown.

Dwarves also have Endurance of Stone that lasts 10 seconds and increases Common, Fire and Shadown mitigation by 75%. It has 30 minute cooldown.

In short, freeps get screwed over in comparison Razz
Back to top Go down

PVMP Terminology Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVMP Terminology   PVMP Terminology Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:29 am

Songbeard wrote:
Felogar wrote:

Minstrels have Gift of the Hammerhand that shifts damage to be taken from power instead of morale. It lasts 10 seconds and has 15 minute cooldown.

Dwarves also have Endurance of Stone that lasts 10 seconds and increases Common, Fire and Shadown mitigation by 75%. It has 30 minute cooldown.

In short, freeps get screwed over in comparison Razz

Now don't let me start comparing freeps to creeps then, give me my minstrell skills on my warleader, and I guarantee that there is no creep going down from freep fire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PVMP Terminology Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVMP Terminology   PVMP Terminology Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PVMP Terminology
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontline - PvP Alliance :: Frontline - General :: Battlefield - Tips-
Jump to: