Frontline - PvP Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frontline - PvP Alliance

Frontline - PvP Alliance on Lotro - EN-RP Laurelin

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RAT nominees

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 2:10 am

Thought id start a list containing all the good RATs i've encountered and hopefully you guys will be able to add some more.

1.Erlo -

the best RAT i've seen, like a proper seargant, as soon as we hit creeps he screams and shouts at everybody to hit what he's hitting and kill what he's killing, excellent RAT. My one criticism is that he gets a little carried away and takes the fight away from the minstrels who have induction times and therefore leaves them susceptible to wargs. This is a VERY minor criticism as this only applies when fighting out in the open which is very uncommon, in keeps it does not really matter as there are plenty of NPC's to slow the action down

there was another candidate but i have forgotten his name, seems very useless until you tell him what are his targeting priorities and then becomes brilliant if anyone recognises this description please tell me as i would love to add him to my friends list (as most of you guys are anyway, my friends list tells me who's in the ettens)
Back to top Go down

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 2:58 am

2. Calwen when she's paying attention Razz
Back to top Go down

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:39 pm

Don't know about freep side (just really joining it since book 11) but i could tell you who the RAT targets are on Creepside for you to burn down and leave them with no RAT.

1. Brunt
2. Malakay
3. Gashnakhrat (me)
4. Ymgarl
5. Tuff
6. Harmonizer
7. Spine
8. Aswad
9. Spike
10. Igniz (when he's online)

If these Creeps are running in a raid they're 85 - 100% gunna be the RAT.
Back to top Go down

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:27 am

Gwelendrial wrote:

name of creep
name of creep
name of creep
name of creep

I don't think we should do to the creeps what we don't want them to do to us, that is : spy on their tactics. As far as I'm concerned Gwelendrial, this post of yours above is a bit of that.

What could happen is this : if just one creep other than you makes it into this forum and sees that and report it to the other creeps then they'll see no reason why they shouldn't try to spy on us and have a freep of theirs join the alliance and then copy/paste and report to the other creeps every tactic we'd come up with...
Back to top Go down

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:39 am

Gwelendrial wrote:
Don't know about freep side (just really joining it since book 11) but i could tell you who the RAT targets are on Creepside for you to burn down and leave them with no RAT.

1. Brunt
2. Malakay
3. Gashnakhrat (me)
4. Ymgarl
5. Tuff
6. Harmonizer
7. Spine
8. Aswad
9. Spike
10. Igniz (when he's online)

We always know who the creep RAT is, cause they are using the retarded "target skill forwarding". That's why when i get an organised raid up, we don't get a single casualty.
Back to top Go down

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:00 am

Patchouna wrote:
Gwelendrial wrote:

name of creep
name of creep
name of creep
name of creep

I don't think we should do to the creeps what we don't want them to do to us, that is : spy on their tactics. As far as I'm concerned Gwelendrial, this post of yours above is a bit of that.

You don't wanna spy on creep tactics to give an advantage? Are you stupid ??? Do you honestly think that creeps don't have spies in freep raids already?
Plus i'm not exactly a SPY ... Telling you who the creep RAT's are doesn't make me a spy. It's pretty much a good tactic to burn down RAT's as without a RAT, the raid don't know who to hit together and start to spread out their dps instead of taking down targets one at a time.
Back to top Go down

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:59 am

Gwelendrial wrote:

You don't wanna spy on creep tactics to give an advantage? Are you stupid ??? Do you honestly think that creeps don't have spies in freep raids already?

I agree with you but still...
How about changing your style of discussing things and accepting other people's opinion?
Back to top Go down

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:43 am

Gwelendrial wrote:
Plus i'm not exactly a SPY ... Telling you who the creep RAT's are doesn't make me a spy. It's pretty much a good tactic to burn down RAT's as without a RAT, the raid don't know who to hit together and start to spread out their dps instead of taking down targets one at a time.

First off I'd suggest we try to not have name calling on each others in this forum.

My purpose here is to *NOT* have anything in this forum that can be used as an excuse by the creep so they can come here and find it ok to copy/paste all our tactics. This I think is dishonourable as well as cheating and isn't my style of gaming. Then again am not a leader, am not the founder of the alliance nor of this forum and those people may be ok with your suggestion, as for me I'm not and I voice it.

I believe that if the founders of this alliance are cautious on inviting people, asking their creep names and getting a part of the forum hidden to those who are not part of this alliance is quite a sign...
Back to top Go down

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:09 am

I dont really understand the purpose of this thread.

Nothing posted so far is worth mentioning or talking about.

The so called spying isnt even spying... its mostly common knowledge.

You will need threads started specifically to study monsterplay tactics and find counters to them. Dont do it in this thread... because imo it should be closed or deleted.

Gwelendrial wrote:
It's pretty much a good tactic to burn down RAT's as without a RAT, the raid don't know who to hit together and start to spread out their dps instead of taking down targets one at a time.

This is a flawed view, taking down a RAT does nothing until their RAT is rezzed. That will give you about 2-5 seconds at most as they will be loading. Also, the RAT usually gets the best healing... so your actually wasting your time not gaining time.
Back to top Go down
Erlo

Erlo

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-08-27

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:22 am

Arctaos wrote:
I dont really understand the purpose of this thread.

Nothing posted so far is worth mentioning or talking about.

The so called spying isnt even spying... its mostly common knowledge.

You will need threads started specifically to study monsterplay tactics and find counters to them. Dont do it in this thread... because imo it should be closed or deleted.

Gwelendrial wrote:
It's pretty much a good tactic to burn down RAT's as without a RAT, the raid don't know who to hit together and start to spread out their dps instead of taking down targets one at a time.

This is a flawed view, taking down a RAT does nothing until their RAT is rezzed. That will give you about 2-5 seconds at most as they will be loading. Also, the RAT usually gets the best healing... so your actually wasting your time not gaining time.

Oh well. The real tactic part is in the warrior section. There is a reason why its in that part. As i think you know. Take care mate. Wink
Back to top Go down

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:28 am

Yea, i figured. I do the same on our forum.
Back to top Go down
Calwen

Number of posts : 138

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 6:07 am

Patchouna wrote:

First off I'd suggest we try to not have name calling on each others in this forum.

Isn't it a bit ironic as you're the 1st who made a thread dedicated to a particular creep you know...

Quote :

Don't worry, he has done nothing wrong.
We havespotted the creeps' RAT ages ago already.
It's not really hard to guess.
We even know who their leaders are 85% of the time, and this is a lot harder to guess!
They don't need to tell us.

Quote :

I wish this was true...
By the way... stop taking me down 1st, even before the mincers... I'm not even ALWAYS rat
*cries*
Back to top Go down
Arcalimon

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-09-02

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:04 am

Yesterday after some weeks of rest i assumed again the RAT duty. I observed something that makes me angry in a first moment and worried in a second moment.

I remember clearly that i was targetting a Warleader trying to get a stun on him whil i turned i saw people targetting a reaver that was Bubbled and Full Healed.

At this point i have to say this:

Even if the RAT can choose not the ideal target to be killed EVERYONE needs to follow him, or the wipe it's sure.

Second thing, i saw people Charging without any reason going in the middle of creep raid getting flanked in 3 seconds, let the RAT go first, choosing the target, running through their line kiting their meleers and maybe we can manage to slain them.

Little note: Remember to put your pets off in moors or like yesterday evening we will pull the whole keep wiping without any chance of fight.
ìIt's an hard moment for the freeps avoid to feed the creeps with free infamy.

Arcalimon
Back to top Go down

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:32 am

The topic is "RAT nominees". After a few replies, we still only have two:

1) Erlo
2) Calwen

I am not in the Ettens long enough to add any names. But I hope, others can. Lets stay on topic please. We have 10 creep-RATs in this post already, only 2 freep-RAT nominees. Having a good RAT is important. If we can not find more, the Ettenmoors are really lost.
Back to top Go down
Arcalimon

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-09-02

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:49 am

I did RAT job in Olivic's raids i'm not skilled as Calwen of Erlo but i'm trying to do my best. SO when you need you can count on me (if there is not anyone better around :p)
Back to top Go down
Connall

Connall

Number of posts : 200

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:41 am

Half of this thread is now rubbish, and as for the important stuff, theres a time and a place for everything, and this is not it Wink

Lets not be insulting so if you think somebody is being stupid, try to be more tactful in how you phrase your reply!

We allready know who the creep RATs are and who our RATs are, if your interested in trying out as RAT just join a raid and mention it.

I think Patchounias thread on Aswad was more a musing on the phenomenon of Aswad and what hes about rather than anything else though.
Back to top Go down

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:52 am

RAT nominees:

1) Erlo
2) Calwen
3) Arcalimon
4) Birkwood

I lead 3 or 4 smaller raids when there was no other volunteer and always happily gave lead to the experienced leaders when they showed up. I never knew who could be a possible RAT during my short times of leadership. As Captain it would be a waste of heals if I would do it myself. So the list would be perfect for occasional noob leaders like me - of course it is useless for experienced leaders. So if you know all possibe freep RATs, please just post them, Connall.
/raidshout Stay on RAT.. ehm.. topic!!!

Last edited by Bearwig on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added RAT name)
Back to top Go down

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:11 am

Couple of nights ago Connall gave me the (dubious) pleasure of being RAT with my hunter. It is a really tough job which I always assumed it would be but having to target priority creeps and then switch once they are bubbled/out of range for melee and the countless other decisions that have to be made...wow! I have new-found respect for the likes of Calwen, Erlo, Connall etc, you all make a very difficult job look easy. No wonder you get frustrated when the rest of the raid can't do something as relatively simple as following your target. Mad

Anyways I was a bit rubbish at it but would welcome the opportunity to get better.

Thanks Connall for the opportunity and the advice.
Back to top Go down
Connall

Connall

Number of posts : 200

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:46 am

You did fine mate you just need a bit more confidence and assertiveness and a bit of practice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RAT nominees Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAT nominees   RAT nominees Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RAT nominees
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontline - PvP Alliance :: Frontline - General :: Battlefield - Tips-
Jump to: