Frontline - PvP Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frontline - PvP Alliance

Frontline - PvP Alliance on Lotro - EN-RP Laurelin

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tips from the Creeps!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Connall

Connall

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Tips from the Creeps! Empty
PostSubject: Tips from the Creeps!   Tips from the Creeps! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:10 am

This thread is for all you Creeping members to add your thoughts on ways to improve play Freepside, give us your insights on the Creeps and their tactics etc!

Get involved and show us what youve learned from the darkside...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips from the Creeps!   Tips from the Creeps! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:29 am

Banners, Banners, Banners,

Warleader Banner is currently having a massive affect on the outcome of battles at present in my experience (from Freep side),

I spoke to several raid leaders about this in the last few days since returning to the Moors and still 90% of the time Freeps are choosing to fight within the radius of these banners. Freeps have one major advantage over creeps and that is incombat mobility (enhanced with CC) so why the heck not use it and move the fight the required 10-15 m out of banner range?

There are only a few scenarios where I can ever see having to stay within the radius of a banner and that is in the last stages of a keep take or mopping up after a victory.

If the Freep raid leader is unable to repsond to the positioning of enemy war banners as priority then he is not doing his job in my view - it's the difference between victory and defeat.
Back to top Go down
Erlo

Erlo

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Tips from creeps   Tips from the Creeps! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:37 pm

Well as we got some "mainly" creep players that has applied to the forum i simply wanted to see if there was anything that you would like to share with us? If you got something jummy to tell, what we should improve etc?

Regards

Erlo
Back to top Go down
Tirant

Tirant

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Fear!   Tips from the Creeps! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 4:05 am

Fear is another tip maggots and sluggards...affraid
Believe it or not, creeps can piss their pants if u use Bard's Arrow (or whatever it is called as I m not playin my Hunter lately).
90% of the creeps wont waste DoF stones or gold for fear pots.
You can take em out for a while, especially WarLeaders if u just shoot an arrow on em.
But the real tip is that u MUST NOT attack again if u wont em unable to do anythin. So dont break the fear effect...
Sorry bout my english (I dont speak england very best) geek but I can tell u more in Greek.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips from the Creeps!   Tips from the Creeps! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 5:01 am

Rofl.. Tirant not speaking english best... Lies =)

Hmm a tip.
Always take the long way round even if it slows you by 5 minutes...
Hmm Protect your healers...If its a choice between you dying or a minstrel dying.. You should die everytime...

Really cant think of anything will update if i remember..
Back to top Go down
Calwen

Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Tips from the Creeps!   Tips from the Creeps! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 6:35 am

Oh GOD!!!!

Tirant you're blinding me again!

Black on dark grey... come one, use the "normal" police color please. This is not CMs forum! pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips from the Creeps!   Tips from the Creeps! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:22 am

Tirant is right about Bard's Arrow. WL's can't heal when feared. If every Hunter feared another WL then switched back to the RAT then it would have a drastic effect on the healing power of the Creep raid. This can be maintained fairly well due to the relatively short cool down on the skill. I use it for that purpose all the time but unfortunately he is also right about people breaking the fear. This wouldn't happen of course if everyone stuck to the RAT but hey... that's another thread. Smile
Back to top Go down
Connall

Connall

Number of posts : 200

PostSubject: Re: Tips from the Creeps!   Tips from the Creeps! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:36 am

Yes the Bards Arrow skill is great but appart from the off RAT attackers theres also the AOE to contend with, so it generally wont last the whole possible time but 5 -10 seconds of no heals can make a lot of difference in a close fight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips from the Creeps!   Tips from the Creeps! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:39 am

True but Hunters should get into the habit of fearing those WLs that hang around at the back, out of range of the AOE. It all helps.
Back to top Go down
Tirant

Tirant

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Tips from the Creeps!   Tips from the Creeps! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:22 am

Another tip sluggards...

I m playin Tirant since Book 9 and I ve learned a lot, but I wanna remind u one thing.

"Dont Do To Freeps What U dont Want Them To Do To U."

Was great, but lately all this went banana...
Switchers, Creeps and Freeps from other servers, newcomers to the Moors are some
of the reasons GY Campin or GV/Grams camping, ./rude and corpsejumpin came back
to Laurelin.
I dont like this kind of gameplay, I believe there r more ppl in both sides that dont like it.
Time to get back to the time when TR was for freeps, Lug was for Creeps. I cant say we didnt have campers
but it was hard to camp GV when all the freeps can go to TR (same for freeps when they have Lug).

Chryssamere posted somethin Eldacal ve said:
"We wont attack Lug. It only promotes gram's camping."

Think of all these and do as u like..
I know there are people here that like to play as what I call "campers".
I know there are people here that like to corpse-jump a creep.
I m not gonna argue with em, and I dont want replies..
Just think what u really wanted.
Nice fights with large groups, or creeps log when u take Lug and they know that farmin is about to start?

/respect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips from the Creeps!   Tips from the Creeps! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:34 am

to be fair if we have lug, ta and tr most freeps mop up the map then log, ie they turn the map blue if we ignored isen and lc. If there are still enough on we might have a go at DG, but mainly i would say after that we hang around at the wall for about half an hour to see if you'll attack, if not then we go off and do other things (dof for gold in the form of stones for me)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips from the Creeps!   Tips from the Creeps! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips from the Creeps!
Page 1 of 1