Frontline - PvP Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frontline - PvP Alliance

Frontline - PvP Alliance on Lotro - EN-RP Laurelin

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ettenmoors short terms. The list.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Seladina

Seladina

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Ettenmoors short terms. The list. Empty
PostSubject: Ettenmoors short terms. The list.   Ettenmoors short terms. The list. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 9:18 am

Here is a list of terms we freeps use in Ettenmoors.
So if you are new in Ettenmoors this list can help you out with a lot of terms we use.
But if your have any question do not hesitate to ask because once we were also new in Ettenmoors.
If I missed a term let me know and ill ad it to the list.

Ettenmoors short terms. The List.

You can use a combo of these terms below like: “5 Foes TR VD” (This means that there 5 Ocs or Uruks Very Distant form Tirith Rhaw)

Places:

(Look here where the places are: http://www.arda-online.com/map/?Location:Ettenmoors)

Keeps / control points:

• TR = Tirith Rhaw (East keep)
• Lug = LUGazag (West keep)
• TA/TOL = TOL Ascanen (Center keep)
• ID = IsenDeep (The caves in the north)
• LC = grimwood Lumber Camp (Wooden camp in the center south)
• CP = Control point (some points with flags to control near TA,TR, Lug, LC and ID)

Freeps places:

• GV = Glan Vraig (Freep home town in Ettenmoors in the south east)
• OR = Ost Ringdyr (A small freep keep east of TR)
• EC = Elven Camp (A campsite just south of STAB)
• HH = HoarHallow (A hobbit town on a island west of LC)

Creeps places:

• GRAMS = Gramsfoot (Creeps home town in Ettenmoors in the north west)
• DG = Dar-Gazag (A small creep keep south west of Lug)
• OC = Orc Camp (A camp just south of WTAB)
• Spiders Lair= Gorgoris Outpost (The spiders nest between LC and HH)

Other places:

• WTAB = West Tol Ascanen Bridge(bridge west of TA)
• STAB = South Tol Ascanen Bridge (bridge south of TA)
• East Ford = east Tol Ascanen water Crossing (A water crossing east of TA)
• GY = GraveYard (Respawn point , south of LUG and north of TR)
• DOF = Delving Of Fror (entrance to the tunnels below Ettenmoors near OR and DG)

Raid:

Persons:

• Leader = Leader of the raid (Gives the orders what to do. The raid follows)
• RA = Raid Assistant (Someone who helps the leader to keep the raid full, can invite and kick people to/from the raid)

Orders:

• RaT = Raid Assist Target (We all follow the taget the RAT selects to bring it down faster)
• Ball up = All stand as close as possible on the leader (most of the time marked with a scull)
• Bubbled = If a creep is being faster healed then we can put damage on the creep
• Range = Use your Range skills on a creep, like bows
• Melee = Close combat
• Charge = All run to the RAT target to kill it
• Mount = Get on your horse
• Dismount = Get of your horse

Slow / Stun Skills:

• DST = DiSTract
• Root = Skill to pin down creeps
• Slow = Skill to slow down creeps

Damage skills:

• DoT = Damage Over Time
• AOE = Area OF Effect
• DPS = Damage Per Second

Scouting skills:

• Scout = A freep that stays behind, in a keep, to look if a creep raid is attacking it (most of the time a hunter)
• Track = A hunter skill to track Creeps

Terms used by hunters when tracking for creeps:

Type of creeps:

• Nature = Spiders and Wargs
• Foes = Orc and Uruk

Range:

• Close = Close
• DIS = Distant
• VD = Very Distant
• ED = Extremely Distant

Direction:

• N = North
• NE = North East
• E = East
• SE = South East
• S = South
• SW = South West
• W = West
• NW = North West

Other terms:

• Oil = Oil uses to bring up keep defenses
• Ore = Ore uses to bring up keep defenses
• Creeps = The bad guys
• Freeps = The good guys (we)

Last edited by Seladina on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cocg.tk

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors short terms. The list.   Ettenmoors short terms. The list. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 5:15 am

Seladina wrote:

• GRAM = Gramsfoot (Creeps home town in Ettenmoors in the north west)
Mostly it is just Grams, instead of GRAM...since the area is also called steps of grams.
Seladina wrote:

• GO = Gorgoris Outpost (The spiders nest between LC and HH)

Never heard of GO...and I'm running around in the moors for a LONG time (ok, maybe not so long as calwen Wink), creeps prefer to call it spiders lair, so does (atleast I think) many old timers.

Seladina wrote:

isn't it just easier to call it west/south brigde????

Seladina wrote:

• TAC = east Tol Ascanen water Crossing (A water crossing east of TA)

better to call it east ford, then 90% of the peeps from creepside know where your talking about.

Seladina wrote:

• Bubbled = If a creep is being faster healed then we can put damage on the creep

I lolled, The creep Bubble is a rank 2 skill from the warleaders that for 7(15 if traited) seconds will reduce all incoming damage on the target. It DOESN'T mean the creep is being healed faster then that the dps brings it down. For then when the creeps have huge healing power, you can say that every creep is bubbled. Bubbled means that you can't bring them down as fast as you want, and by the time the bubble is finished he's back to full health again. When ever you see a bubbled creep on rat, change immediatly, don't stick on that target for you will lose 15 precious seconds of dps/power/time.
Back to top Go down
Seladina

Seladina

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors short terms. The list.   Ettenmoors short terms. The list. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:32 am

Seladina wrote:

• GRAM = Gramsfoot (Creeps home town in Ettenmoors in the north west)
Mostly it is just Grams, instead of GRAM...since the area is also called steps of grams.

added the "S"

Seladina wrote:

• GO = Gorgoris Outpost (The spiders nest between LC and HH)

Never heard of GO...and I'm running around in the moors for a LONG time (ok, maybe not so long as calwen Wink), creeps prefer to call it spiders lair, so does (atleast I think) many old timers.

Changed to spiders lair

Seladina wrote:

isn't it just easier to call it west/south brigde????

See http://www.arda-online.com/map/?Location:Ettenmoors

Seladina wrote:

• TAC = east Tol Ascanen water Crossing (A water crossing east of TA)

better to call it east ford, then 90% of the peeps from creepside know where your talking about.

I hope you mean freep side but is changed it to "east ford"anyway

Seladina wrote:

I lolled, The creep Bubble is a rank 2 skill from the warleaders that for 7(15 if traited) seconds will reduce all incoming damage on the target. It DOESN'T mean the creep is being healed faster then that the dps brings it down. For then when the creeps have huge healing power, you can say that every creep is bubbled. Bubbled means that you can't bring them down as fast as you want, and by the time the bubble is finished he's back to full health again. When ever you see a bubbled creep on rat, change immediatly, don't stick on that target for you will lose 15 precious seconds of dps/power/time.

The thing is the same if a creeps is bubbled 75% of the time it gets a full heal from other creeps. And in both ways we can't bring it down.
Back to top Go down
Elendhur

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors short terms. The list.   Ettenmoors short terms. The list. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 6:38 pm

About the "bubble", damage is almost completely absorbed but still it's possible to kill an almost dead creep which has been just bubbled.

Plus, since Turulnya's definition of the term "bubbled" is the right one, I'd modify the sentence, Seladina, in order to get a clearer vision to the newcomers (as this post is intended to instruct the newcomers, as I suppose). Wink
Back to top Go down
Seladina

Seladina

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors short terms. The list.   Ettenmoors short terms. The list. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 6:44 pm

Elendhur wrote:
About the "bubble", damage is almost completely absorbed but still it's possible to kill an almost dead creep which has been just bubbled.

Plus, since Turulnya's definition of the term "bubbled" is the right one, I'd modify the sentence, Seladina, in order to get a clearer vision to the newcomers (as this post is intended to instruct the newcomers, as I suppose). Wink

Also if someone says "bubbled" ,rat is gonna swith target (most of the time) corect me if im wrong Razz

oke so what is the best way to say it in just 1 short line.. so that i can change it.

(and yes its for newcomers :p)

thx both for the feedback
Back to top Go down
Heredryn

Heredryn

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors short terms. The list.   Ettenmoors short terms. The list. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm hearing the terms "Greenring" and "Bluering" all the time in the moors but can't really figure it out what it means and how to see which one a creep is. Anyone who can make it clear to me? scratch
Back to top Go down
Arcalimon

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors short terms. The list.   Ettenmoors short terms. The list. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Greenring: It describes the decoration around the Creep avatar in game, it means that this creep has been just created and it's weak.

Bluering: Same as the Greenring with the difference that you have spent some destinis point and you have a bit improved it.

Basically:

Green ring: is until you complete all the passive at Rank 0

Blue ring: when you complete the passive at rank 1

Signature (Red ring): when you complete all the passive traits around the Rank 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors short terms. The list.   Ettenmoors short terms. The list. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ettenmoors short terms. The list.
Page 1 of 1